Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2010

a village.

it takes a village to raise a child, right?  

{right.}

it's amazing how diverse my three kids are.  i've got one that is outgoing and funny.  one that is shy and sweet.  one that is sassy and bold.

all from the same village.  it amazes me.

*****

my kids' school releases a literature magazine at the end of each school year.  each child has a part in it.  for instance, my daughter's kindergarten teacher had each child draw a picture and write a sentence about it.  emma drew a picture of the playground and said "I wit to play on the play gan."  {adorable much?}  one second grade teacher had her class research an animal and write about it.  

ethan's second grade teacher had them each write about what they wanted to be when they grew up.

it was great.

i saw the next generation before me giving me great confidence that when they are grown, we won't have a bunch of schmuckatellies running the place.

policemen.  soldiers.  popstars.  professional football players.  teachers.  veterinarians.

and then i came upon this:

When I Grow Up...
by Ethan

When I grow up I would be waiter.  I would tell people what they want.  I would order their food and drinks.  I would wear an apron and a pen and paper.  I will go to a college and learn about it.  It will take 10 years to learn about it.


WHICH ONE OF YOU VILLAGE MEMBERS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS???!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment