Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

keeping busy.


this is a short depiction of the artwork i put together for my sister.
she has a dark chocolate wall that she needed something for.
i went metallic.
this bronze was AMAZING.
so glad i took that risk - it paid off, for sure.


i did a weaved brushstroke.
i have no idea if that is a truly technical term.
but it works for my purposes.
i would love to do this in the future with more weaving.


i have done two zinnia prints so far {this was the 2nd}.
the first was on a large canvas, with the standard white background and brighter color scheme {for me}.
my sister's had to go with her brown/blue decor.  
and for some reason, i felt the need to personalize this for them.


two days.  about 10 hours of work.  that's it.


VOILA!
the end product.
i can't wait to see it on her wall.
should she ever decide to actually hang it.
*coughcoughDREcoughcough*
maybe she'd be so kind as to send me a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment