Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

if you love me.

I know I’m not alone in thinking how bad Lean Cuisines taste in comparison to, oh, let’s say, a nice juicy burger… or a steak and cheese.   But for a minute, I’d like to think you are sitting there “poor me-ing” me.  I kind of need that type of attention today.  Because I truly hate this food.  There are a couple of meals that aren’t quite so bad, but let me tell you…… I don’t have any of them left to choose from here at work.  {and the guys are bugging me NOT to bring in more meals and take up more space  in the freezer until I eat what’s there – geez, do they have to be such men?}

I splurged this weekend… and then felt gross.  A burger and a half {between lunch and dinner} on Saturday… and two slices of pizza on Sunday.  Ugh.  They made me feel so…. Large.  And full.  And puffy.  But happy at the same time.  In a fat way.

While these lean cuisines don’t make me full and puffy… they don’t make happy.  They make me resentful.  And a bit angry, if I can be honest.   

It seems everyone in my world is on Nutrisystem right now… with decent results considering there isn’t much working out going on.  I’m so tempted to jump over, but have you seen how that stuff comes?  In little “Cup-O-Noodles” containers… simply add water.  Not all of them, but some of them, and… well… that scares me.

But I digress, lest I become a bitter angry lady this afternoon.  Because frankly, none of my coworkers deserve that.  

Easter is Sunday.  And boy… am I planning on stuffing my face full of Easterly goodness.  With that in mind, I think I can continue to make it through the week on these crappy meals.  I don’t need to feel guilty about Sunday on Monday.   Focus on the sunshine.  I can do this.  I mean, if my son could give up video games during tackle football season, I certainly can give up tasty meals for bathing suit season.  

….or caaaaaaaaan iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii…

Hold me to it.  Please.  If you love me.


No comments:

Post a Comment